Latest Version: 20th June 2018
YEATS COUNTRY HOTEL
This website is owned and operated by The Yeats Country Hotel. We are very sensitive to the privacy concerns of the visitors to this site and recognise that you are concerned about the information you provide us and how we treat such information.
Data Protection Controller,
The Yeats Country Hotel,
Telephone: +353 71 9177211
This statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.yeatscountryhotel.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this statement.
This Privacy Statement does apply to personal Information you disclose to the hotel through or in connection with our Apps or our Social Media pages. This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, this third party’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information. In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organisations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organisations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media pages.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the data controller is the Yeats Country Hotel having the address as noted above.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Personal information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- We collect personal data from you which you volunteer when you provide such personal data to us, or via our services with which you interact. You may give us information about yourself, when you enquire about our hotel and associated facilities and events, complete forms online on our website www.yeatscountryhotel.com or correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise provide us with personal data. This includes, but is not limited to, information you provide when you share information via other websites relating to the hotel’s facilities such as online bookings for the hotel, restaurant or events.
- We may also be given other personal data relating to you by other persons, or we may obtain such other personal data about you as may be provided to us in the course of our legitimate business activities.
- We may collect and process your data, including the following, in the course of providing services to you, which could contain your personal data. This information may include your first name, surname, postal address, e-mail addressed, mobile and phone numbers, credit card/debit card or bank details, your personal preferences about your visits to our hotel, including any special medical requirements or allergies, details of your children and other relations, car registration number, details or your driving license or passport, how you would like to be contacted, your comments about our services, details of contracts you have entered into with third parties for us to provide services to you, details of your relationship to other parties, details of your membership of professional or other organisations and all other data which you ask us to process on your behalf, or which is necessary for us to process in order to fulfil our role as providing accommodation, gym, leisure, retail or food related services to you.
- The Purchase and Processing of Gift Cards - When you purchase a Gift Card from us online through our website www.yeatscountryhotel.com we process your and where applicable the gift card recipients Personal Data. This is for the purpose of managing and successfully completing your purchase of the gift card and delivering it to you or the recipients email or by post. Data collected includes First Name, Last Name, Telephone & Postal Address (of the purchaser or the recipient) plus purchasers Card Payment Type, Number & Expiration Date. Data will be given by you the purchaser of the gift card to us either face to face or online.
We may also process other data, which is not personal data.
- When you access our website or wi-fi facilities, your device’s browser provides us with information such as your IP address, browser type, access time and referring URL, which is collected and used to compile statistical data. This information may be used to help us to improve our website and the services we offer and to offer services to you.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data that may be stored on your computer or mobile device. It allows a website “remember” your actions or preferences over a length of time.
How are they used on this site?
This site uses Persistent Cookies
Persistent cookies are those placed on your computer or mobile device for a pre-determined length of time when you visit this site. This site only places cookies that are specific to this site.
Our use of your personal data
We will use your personal data for a number of operational purposes, including, but not limited to:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Comply with legislation.
- In our legitimate interest of advertising our services, provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (accommodation, gym, spa, leisure, retail, restaurant, bar service and other food related services), or to provide details of any loyalty scheme or promotion.
- Notify you about changes to our services.
The Yeats Country Hotel does not carry out automatic decision-making processing with personal data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your data to third parties who provide a service to us or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect our rights, property, or safety of staff or customers:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- If the Yeats Country Hotel is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Yeats Country Hotel, our customers, our service recipients or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of national security, fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
It is the Yeats Country Hotel’s policy to ensure that your data is held within the European Economic Area (EEA) and consequently would be subject to GDPR requirements. All personal data held by the Yeats Country Hotel is currently hosted within the EEA. However, where your data is transferred out of the EEA, the Yeats Country Hotel will comply with Chapter 5 of the GDPR to provide an alternative method of safeguarding your personal data.
The transmission of information via the internet may involve the transfer of data to countries outside the EEA. This occurs typically through the use of cloud solutions for web hosting, email hosting or proprietary software solutions delivered through the Cloud. We do not however authorise any third party involved in this transmission of data to use your personal data for their own purposes. Non EEA countries may not provide an adequate level of protection in relation to processing your personal data. By submitting your data via this medium, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing and acknowledged the risks associated with such transmission.
Security of your data
The Yeats Country Hotel is committed to protecting your personal data from unauthorised access and/or processing and in doing so we use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your data.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using strong and industry best practice encryption algorithms and techniques. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site or systems, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, as effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to, or unlawful processing or disclosure of, such data. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional relevant security features as new technologies become available.
You have rights under Irish Data Protection legislation, with regard to our processing of your data. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at: The Data Protection Controller, The Yeats Country Hotel, Rosses Point, Co. Sligo, Ireland.
You have the right to be informed about any personal data which the Yeats Country Hotel holds relating to you, including how we acquired such data, and the purposes for which it is being used. This right requires that you will be given a copy of your personal data which you may have supplied to us via our website or in other correspondence and interactions.
To exercise this right, you must make your request in writing, posting it to our address as specified above and including with the request, a copy of appropriate legal form of identification and a copy of a current utility bill to verify your address. No fee is required for this service. A request will be dealt with as soon as possible and we will respond to your request within one month from the date on which your request was received.
You have the right to have inaccurate personal data corrected. If you discover that we hold inaccurate personal data about you, you have a right to instruct us to correct that information. Such an instruction must be in writing and must contain evidence of the correct information. We will respond as soon as possible, and in any event within one month from the date on which your instructions are received.
Furthermore, we will share your corrective instructions with any organisation with whom the incorrect information has been shared in the 12 months prior to the date of your instructions.
In certain circumstances, you have the ‘Right to be Forgotten’. This means that you can request that the Yeats Country Hotel removes any and all references to you from our records and systems. We will comply with all such requests in a timely manner, as required by the Data Protection legislation, unless other operational or legal obligations require us to retain such data for a particular purpose or period of time.
You have the right, at all times, to object to processing of your personal data which you find intrusive, excessive or unwarranted. The Yeats Country Hotel will respect your right to do so, but may need to continue such processing where required do to so by law, or within the terms of an existing contractual arrangement.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement are welcomed and should be addressed to: The Data Protection Administrator, The Yeats Country Hotel, Rosses Point, Co. Sligo, Ireland or email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions
This site is owned by The Yeats Country Hotel, Rosses Point, Co. Sligo, Ireland. Any of the images and text used is this site may not be used for any purpose without the express written agreement of The Yeats Country Hotel, Rosses Point, Co. Sligo, Ireland.
The Yeats Country Hotel, Rosses Point, Co. Sligo, Ireland has worked diligently to provide you with accurate and updated information in this site, however, we cannot be absolutely certain that everything on this site is free of errors or omissions. We will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of your access to or use of this site.