- Stag and Hen Parties; Ewing’s Sea Angling and Boat charters offers a special six hour party trip rate for these occasions, which can include a few hours fishing or seal watching, followed by a drink/bbq on Coney Island (times dependant on tides), or back to the hotel to your own private bar (subject to availability) We have designed an Island Adventure package which is ideal for your group. Minimum numbers required. Book Now
- Kids Parties; for those extra special kid’s parties or family excursions we can offer charters where you can catch your first fish with your child, explore Coney or Inishmurray Island, visit the local seal colonies or just go for a short sightseeing cruise from Sligo town’s new pontoon. A kid’s party meal can even be arranged at the Yeats Country Hotel, that is, if you decide not to bring your BBQ to one of the islands!
- Angling; Sligo Bay holds good varied grounds from reefs to rocks and sandbanks for offshore and game angling. Shark fishing is available from mid-August until the end of September and evening mackerel trips depart daily by appointment. Other half day, full day and evening fishing trips are available to try catch some of Sligo Bays 30+ species!
- Coney Island Taxis; hop onboard the M.V. Sea Star or M.V. Dalemoor for a short water taxi ride to Coney Island. Here people generally like to walk the island, visit the fairy forts, famine structures and the pub or go swimming on the secluded beach to the island’s rear. A lot of groups bring a BBQ or a picnic to make the day extra special. Some groups go on the quest to find “St. Patricks Wishing Chair”, or the remains of a washed up whale on the north side of the island.
- Inishmurray Island; this historic island was founded in the 6th Century but abandoned in 1948, and contains a variety of sights in its’ monastic settlement ranging from bee-hive huts to cursing stones. Other ecclesiastical buildings which remain visible within its boundaries include a stone roofed oratory, two churches, a clochan and an old schoolhouse. This island is one of Sligo’s top historic destinations, and another great place for a bbq or a swim in its crystal clear waters on the shore!
- Sightseeing/ Eco-tourism tours; this option is popular with families and other sightseeing groups. The tours depart Sligo’s new pontoon or Rosses Point Pier, and give an introduction to Sligo Bay in either a two or three hour trip. The type of trip can be arranged to suit the bird, lighthouse, wreck or seal watcher alike! Dolphins have also even been known to make an appearance on this trip.